Being that it’s almost “H” season I’ve got a lot of get-the-hell-out-of-Dodge preparations to sort out. Hopefully, things will get a whole lot more sane once I’ve got the boat sorted out.
One area of concern is always ground tackle and I’ve been having a lot of thought about changing up the way I anchor and rethinking how best to approach anchoring when there is a possibility of Cat 5 storms becoming a usual thing rather than the exception.
So, I expect I’ll be doing a fairly detailed series on what sort of anchors make the most sense on a VolksCruiser budget.
In the meantime, I have some things to deal with the engine today and some related mods to the transom.